Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Latest Creative Inspiration

Last night I realized that tomorrow was the last day of the month, and we had not gotten to visit all of the people we are supposed to Visit Teach.  I decided I'd just make treats and drop them off today, in a  feeble attempt to show that we care.  (About the person, and our record for 100%)   This morning when I woke up the first few lines of this song were running through my head.  I didn't even try to make them up, they were just there.  I revised the rest of the song, and felt pretty pleased with myself.  I'll print it on a card and deliver it with a bag of fancy chocolates, or flowers or something.  (I'm not even making treats because I'm so tight on time, and I don't want the kitchen mess!  The dishes mess is the worst part of making treats -- that and the fact that the kids and I end up eating the rest of the batch for snacks and lunch and snacks the rest of the day!)  Anyway, I'm digressing!
Here it is -- just to make you laugh.  I hope no one else needs to use this -- but feel free to if you do. 

The tune is "Your Happy Birthday" in the LDS Primary Songbook.  Pg 283. 

This month was such a hectic one;
It’s summer time, that’s true.
We really wish that we had come,
and spent some time with you.
Zip-a-dee-ay and heigh-dee-ho,
Here’s something we can do.
We’ll drop off treats and next month hope,
We will do better for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family