Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Peachy's Turn



Now I will post about Peachy's art. During the school year, the kids Art teacher introduced them to water color. They got to use all the fancy tricks and techniques that come with that method. The morning they were supposed to do thier final project, the kids told me (as we were walking out the door to class) "Oh, Ms. S said to bring a photograph that we can use as a basis for our paintings." Aaaarrrg! So, we looked around us frantically. The first thing we saw was a family portrait in a frame. KayBee took that one. Next we spied Homie's college photo album on the book shelf. We opened it and Peachy chose out a picture of me standing by our old pick-up truck. It was taken when Homie and I were out on a river rafting adventure when we were either still dating or first married. The truck and I were much younger, and looked a lot better then! Peachy painted it, then submitted it in the school district's end of the year art show. It won the "postcard" prize. (That means that they photographed it professionally and will print it on the postcards that they use for various school district correspondences.) She was delighted, as she is often overshadowed by KayBee's art and Maddo's personality. It was a fun thing that made her feel really special. Then a few days ago, a lady called us and asked us to please submit it in our town's Art Festival youth division. That was a surprise! So tomorrow we will take it downtown and turn it in. Now all three girls' art is posted here. I asked Brother if he felt left out and he said, "Not really. I do good in soccer and other things, so it's ok."

I have never been good at decorating, and we hardly have any pictures on our walls. I am too picky. I find things I like, but they are so expensive, it turns my stomach, and I can't bring myself to buy it. Frankly, I'd rather have nothing on our walls than something I only sort-of like. Having artistic kids has solved that problem. Now I can decorate with our kids' art. It's cheap, and of course I will like it! I just have to make sure that they only paint things that go with our current decor. Hee hee!

PS. The Title is "In Loving Memory: Ford F250 1980-2006"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family