Friday, July 31, 2009

Garden Update -- kinda boring. Feel free to skip.




Ok, so. Are ya'll sick of all my posting? After a few months of nothing, I'm trying to catch up, and ease my conscience for being so negligent. Besides, it's the weekend, and I don't feel like doing my other work. At least this "leisure activity" is still productive. Right? Anyway. Probably no one wants to see a picture of someone's garden, but we are so pleased with it, I just have to record it for our own happy memories. The tall things in the back of the bottom picture are the sugar snap peas. They are a bit out of control! They have exceeded the supports that Homie set up for them. Now what do we do? The purple stuff is the lettuce that is also producing way more than we can eat. The white flowers behind that is the cilantro that already went to seed. Oops. But, I just learned that cilantro seeds are called coriander, and are used as a seasoning. So, we'll just act like we meant to do it that way. Yeah, we didn't need cilantro. We just wanted the coriander. The middle picture has corn in the back that is not doing so well. The front is obviously tomatoes that are lovely and bushy, but have very few little green tomatoes on them. Arrg. I think after not doing tomatoes for about 10 years, we need to catch up on our tomato skills. Although I'm not sure what to do. In Ohio we stuck them in the ground and pretty much left them alone (except for watering.) They grew up to the eves of the house, and had more tomatoes than we ever thought possible could come off of 3 plants. The top picture is our broccoli. I bought some "heirloom" kind at the nursery because that was all that was left. It took a really long time to get a head on it, and when it did, it kinda scared us. The kids say it looks like some alien plant that landed in our garden. It's really crazy looking, but it tastes just like broccoli!

So, there is an update. Let's see what else I can find to post about. Homie is out helping someone move, and Kaybee is at a B-day party. Brother is engrossed in a book called "The Mysterious Benedict Society." Actually three of us are all reading it at the same time and we fight over who can have the book. Brother is glad to let me have the computer so he can have the book. (We also fight over who gets the computer.) The other 3 are giving an improptu piano recital to each other. It's funny. They stand up, announce thier name and what they are playing and then crank out some really amazing (as in overwhelmingly loud, crazy and mostly un-rhythmic) creations. As long as the status remains quo, I'll keep cranking out my own amazing (as in rambling, boring or silly, insignificant to the world) creations.

PS. Sorry about all the typos. I can't tell if it is the computer or my brain-finger connection. I have been going back and correcting them on the blog website, but I'm tired of doing that. So, please don't think I'm stupid. I really do know how to spell, and, use punkuation and CApitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family