Sunday, February 8, 2009

Maddo's extended birthday celebration




In typing about her Birthday, I was tempted to title it "A rough birthday" however, I think it all turned out ok. Her B-day was on Wednesday. For a cake, she requested a Mississippi mud cake -- made in the crockpot. (She found the recipe herself, and was intrigued by the crockpot idea.) So, since I was trying so hard to be on top of things, I got the cake into the crockpot right on time. I also started to make the fried shrimp appetizer for the dinner she had requested. Then things went awry. People went off to mutual, we postponed the rest of dinner, and forgot about the cake. About 8:30 pm, I wondered what the burnt smell was. I knew I had turned off the oven after making that part of dinner. It was the cake. We had to chisel it out of the crockpot. I told Maddo we'd try again tomorrow. Thursday we had the dinner she requested, but didn’t get around to making a cake. Friday we finally made another cake, and found the presents that we had forgotten about. Also, her new scriptures arrived in the mail. So, depending on how you look at it -- either she had a lousy B-day, or she had a great 3 day long celebration. Being in this family, I think she knew better than to expect anything different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family