Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Fun Combination


Kaylee is not happy at me for publishing her Sunday doodlings unfinished, but I needed something as a focal point for my writings. I think it is done enough for y'all to get it.
Anyway,
This truly happened at our house a few days ago -- but Jillian didn't really have roller blades, it was only a chair that laid a miniscule scratch. Kaylee used artistic lisence to make it more clear. I don't know how Dallin thinks up the funny things he says. Between our crazy family life, Dallin's astute assesments of it, and Kaylee's artistic rendering of his comments we could make a really funny comic strip.
Today Dallin came home from church and shared his thoughts as he sat in his Sunday School class.
"...So today we looked up this scripture in Isaiah and the teacher commented that he had a hard time understanding Isaiah's writings. Then Hugo* (who is very outspoken and has Aspberger's and says reallly off-the-wall things sometimes) piped up and said, "I understand him!" So I thought, "Well, maybe Isaiah had Aspbergers!"
*name changed
Are you laughing? If not maybe I should explain why I thought it was so funny. I think I should be an honorary member of the Aspberger's club. One day in sacrament this kid's Dad was speaking and mentioned that he too had Aspbergers. In the course of his talk, he said something that I thought was hilarious, but no one else in the congregation laughed. That was not the first time I have felt like I was a bit off from the mainstream of humor perception. I looked up the symptoms of Aspbergers, and although I don't fit all the descriptions, I can definatly relate to some of them. Having an odd sense of what is humorous is one of the symptoms. So now maybe telling this whole story is displaying some of those eccentricities. Hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family