Saturday, November 21, 2009

KayBee's latest cartoon and some trivial news




KayBee keeps herself occupied and quiet during sacrament meetings on Sundays by drawing cartoons about what has happened in our family in the past few days. (The dog was an embellishment to add to the effect.) Do the people who preach that motherhood is a joy and a glorious occupation have children? Or at least children like mine? I doubt it.
Today is the first Saturday since mid September that we have not had soccer or other activities scheduled. It was wonderful to sleep in, go running, and get things done around the house that we have not had time to do. Matt took the Suburban apart -- he was trying to change the universal joints. He's been meaning to do it for 3 1/2 years. Would anyone like to place bets on how long we will be without the suburban? It needs to be fixed by Monday, or we'll be driving the mini-van to UT for Thanksgiving. Yikes!
Today I gave the boys hair cuts. I had to fix the self-done haircut Hunkey gave himself a couple weeks ago. I know you won't believe it, but he did it the day before school picture day. He did it on a Sunday night, and I was too tired to care about fixing it. I had forgotten that it was picture day, plus he was adamant that he liked it the way he had done it and did not want any changes made. So, I left it. (I am beyond caring what the other parents at our homeschool co-op think about me.) However, I must say that we will not be buying and distrubiting school pictures this year!
We now are a two-teenager household. Brother turned 13 yesterday. He was very excited to get a cel phone, and I even thought ahead and ordered it early so it would be here in time. It has not come in the mail yet and he's feeling a bit dejected. His siblings pitched in and got a couple things to help him feel better. They decorated the kitchen and living room. Since we were out of streamers, they used toilet paper.
I signed up with the National Novel Writing Month thing online. It is like a marathon novel writing event. For the entire month of November, people are supposed to just crank out as much writing as they can. The goal is 50,000 words by the end of the month. It sounded so fun, but I have not gotten very far. I always dreamed of being the next Erma Bombeck of my generation. I have lots of great ideas, but not time to write. One day I came up with a title, but Homie laughed at me when I told him. Just wait, some day you will see a book called "10,000 Dirty Diapers: a Trashy Novel about the Joys of Motherhood" on the top 10 bestseller list.
Well, that's all for now. I taught the adult Sunday School lesson last week about how we should all be working on our Family History work. I figured that since I taught the lesson and challenged everyone to Do Something this week, I should try also. Updating our family blog counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family