Friday, November 6, 2009

Communication gap with highschool kids

Warning: The following post might be mildly offensive, but I think the humor outweighs the reference to a bad word.

Recently Kaybee missed a few days of school due to illness. A few days later I was checking the school's website thing that allows parents to see their kid's classes, assignments, grades. etc. When I got to her Biology class records I was shocked. "KayBee!" I exclaimed! "You have an F in Biology!" She came in from the other room, with her eyes big. "What? I know I have homework, but I can't believe you just said that!" she replied with hurt surprise. I pointed to the screen and showed her the grade, then repeated, "An F in Biology." Gradually she started laughing and said, "Oh, I get it. I thought you said something else." Then I heard myself through her public high school kid's ears, and had to chuckle too. F'n Biology is what a lot of kids had for homework that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family