Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another book I am going to write.

Perodically I have a flash of inspiration about a book that I could write. If I don't write the idea down, I forget it, and I never remember it again. So, I just have to write this so I will have it for future reference. And, just in case I don't ever write it, at least someone might still get a laugh out of the idea.



I was reading an article in the paper that said blogging and e-mail were out of style and that Face Book, Twitter and texting were now the standard form of written communication -- especially among the younger generation. The article was condeming this modern attitude that all communication has to be expressed in 140 characters or less. How sad it is that long letters and journal entries and descriptive narations are becoming a thing of the past. What cultural and intellectual degeneration. I began thinking of some of the wonderful books that I have read where the story was told solely through these "old fashioned" forms of comunication. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins is a great example of this. There are various children's books as well, that are written as letters back and forth between the characters. So, I thought, "I am going to write a book where the entire format is done through status updates like on Face Book." It would be new, novel (pun intended) and funny to be the first to utelize this modern writing style. I could be famous! Then I wondered what to call it. I thought about the other funny parodies I have seen using the Face Book, or Twitter or My Space names, and I came up with the greatest one yet. I am going to call it "Twitt Book - a novel for those who can only comprehend prose in 140 character status updates or text formating."

However, I would need someone to co-author it with me, as I have not really gotten into the whole world of texting or Face Booking in depth. I would not know the proper form or what would be funny to people who use that method a lot. I need to find someone who is really into all that. I don't even know what all the abreviations are when people use text messages! So, there you have it. If anyone would like to be famous with me, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family