Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our new toy!



Ever since living in Alaska, we have been wanting a tandem bike. Yesterday Brother found an advertisement for a used one for 150 dollars, so in the afternoon we walked down to the neighborhood where it was for sale. Dad is a bike junkie and knew what to look for. He said it was in okay shape and a reasonable deal. We were really excited, and we rode it (or tried to) all the way home. Riding a tandem takes some getting used to. If any of you have ever ridden one, you know that the person in back can't use steering to keep their balance, so they have to work really hard to keep themselves upright. The person in front has to work to keep both riders' balance by steering. It took a while to get the hang of. Peachy and I rode it all afternoon and actually got pretty good at it, although we still look like a slapstick comedy routine when we try to get off. This morning Peachy woke me up and immediately started pestering me to go out and ride the tandem with her right now! (hence the crazy hair and crusty eyes in the picture). We biked around for a while, but then it started to sprinkle, so we went inside.

That brings me to the other thing that's been happening. For once it has been sunny lately. It rained all Spring break, and then it all of a sudden got nice. There have been some cloudy days sprinkled in, but for about four weeks it has been blue sky. This is very, very rare. Normally I would be very happy about this, but I think whoever controls the weather must hate me. For the past three weeks, it has been sunny Sunday through Friday. And guess what I've been doing during this glorious weather? Sitting at a cold, hard desk listening to lectures on quadratic equations! I get so excited for Saturday, when I can spend the whole day outside, and then when the weekend is finally here, it rains. This has happened for three weeks in a row.
Three Weeks. I think I am going to go crazy. Is anyone else ready for the school year to end? Or am I just weird?

Ok, that's enough for now. Maybe Mom will make me some breakfast since I typed this for her!

Love,
KayBee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family